Sunday, April 1, 2012

Passing the plateau...

I first want to apologize for this post being a few days late. I have been unbelievably busy making my creative dreams a reality. I'll get to more on that in a moment. But for now, I want to update you on my weigh loss progress from the last week. 

I am happy to say that I currently weigh in a 143.1. That's a 2.6 pound loss from last week and I am not complaining. I am so close to being in the 130s, I can almost taste it. That number represents so much to me. I know that I am getting healthier, but working through all of the normal pitfalls is more amazing than anything.  Every time I would try, I would hit a speed bump, and quit. This time, the speed bumps are still there, but I am still moving forward. I get emotional just thinking about it. 

This has been a 15 year long battle for me, being unhappy with my body. And I was so sick of wishing that something would about it. Making deal with God that if I woke up one morning with the perfect body, like magic, then I swear I'd maintain it. Never realizing that God had given me the perfect body all along, and that it was up to me to do the rest. So now I am putting in the work, and I feel amazing. Completely sore, but still amazing.  

As far as my diet goes, I mentioned before that I am off of the no carb diet. And I am thankful, :) but I am still eating very healthy. Truth be bold, when I head to the market for my weekly shopping, I find it very hard to now to purchase food times that I know are bad for me. I was only successfully able to add whole grain wheat break and oatmeal to my diet without feeling guilty. I know that its working for me though because I have found that I have a lot more energy without having to eat so much.

Here are a few of my favorites from the past week. 

FRESH FRUIT SALAD
Mango, Pineapple, Strawberries, Blackberries, Banana.
(You can add any fruit your heart desires)


Anyone who knows me understands my love for fresh 
fruit salads. I have the privilege of going to Colombia last 
year on vacation and we would have a fresh fruit salad every 
day. Its perfect for breakfast, snacks, sides, or desserts. 


OATMEAL 
Regular oatmeal with fresh fruit.

I love this. I have started eating it almost every morning. 
And its another perfect item to combing with your fruit
salad. I suggest making a huge amount. It wont go bad.


 CHICKEN/SPINACH SALAD
(Deconstructed)
Pan Grilled Chicken and sauteed spinach.

Remember that Chicken/Spinach Salad from another post? 
Well I wanted to do another take on the same ingredients. 
I decided to use the apple vinaigrette that I made for the salad, 
and sauté the spinach with it. I'm telling you... A-MA-ZING! 
I swapped the avocado out for Watermelon. Which is My 
favorite for the the warming weather. 


Ok.. Enough about food, lets get to some measurements. 
                           DAY 1         DAY 22             DIFFERENCE
Bust                    35"               34"                     -1"
Waist                  28"               26.5"                  -1.5"
Belly Button       34"               30"                     -4"
Hips                   38.5"            35.5"                   -3"
R. Thigh            23.75"           22"                     -1.75"
L. Thigh            23.5"             21.5"                  -2"
R. Arm              11.75"           10.75"                -1"
L. Arm              11.25"           10.5"                  -.75"

That's a total of 15 inches in 3 weeks of working out 6 says a week and eating well. Not too shabby. Here is my weekly photo update so those of you with visual minds can see my process.  



***Quick update on my Supplement***
Used it 4 times now. Works wonders. Energy for days. I could not be happier.  


And last but not least; at the beginning of this post I told you about making my creative dreams a reality. To elaborate on that, I have been a dancer on and off for the last 13 years. I know... shocker, a dancer with weight problems. lol. But to be honest, my weight was always something i have self conscious about and that definitely affected my dancing. Now that I am older, and much more confidant in myself and my body, I decided to start dancing again, but with a little less on. lol

I recently got into Burlesque dancing. I love it because it celebrates the female form and a woman's strength without objectifying them. I have found it to be a celebration of all the things I am learning to love about myself and I feel so empowered doing it. I recently had my first audition and I am happy to say that I have booked my first performance. I will put the details up soon. Also, I am going to be kittening a Burlesque show on Wednesday April 4th at 9pm at the Smyth Hotel in Manhattan. Come and support if you can. :)



I know this has been a long post. But thank you for reading. :)
xoxo
*Miss Poison Ivory*

No comments:

Post a Comment