Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Supplemented...

I wanted to post about a change in my workout/diet. I mentioned at the beginning of this journey that I wanted to loose weight without the help of supplements. And up until yesterday, that was my absolute plan. I figured that, with the right diet and plenty of exercise, I would not need it. However, after a phone conversation with my trainer, who happens to be my brother, my opinions changed.  


He asked me how my work-outs were going, and not wanting to lie to him, I told him that I was struggling. I no longer had the same motivation that I had at the beginning of this process and I knew that my workouts were losing intensity. At this point, he recommended that I add a pre-workout supplement into the mix. I was hesitant, but after 2 weeks with really no results, I was beginning to feel like I was in over my head. I honestly no longer had the energy to work out properly. 


My bother assured me that, with the help of a good pre-workout supplement, I would be able to make it over this hump in my training. So I headed down to the local GNC store, and with the help of the employees, and a few phone calls to my brother, I landed on the Jack 3d Pre-Exercise Supplement.

Now.. I was a little intimidated by this product. Was I gonna get super buff like a dude? Was I going to pass out from my heart beating too fast? was it not going to work at all? I was not sure. On the label it says,under the BLACK BOX WARNING:

This product may produce an intense sensation of
focus, energy, & awareness. In addition, its key 
ingredients may allow for workout domination in
conjunction with proper training and diet. Use
with caution under strict dosing protocols. 



So... I would up not taking it the day I got it. I decided to wait until today when my mind was clear and I was ready for it. And let me just say... I don't think I have ever had a better workout. I don't know if any of you have seen that movie Limitless with Bradley Cooper, but I honestly felt like I was on that. I never felt jittery, but I did feel like I had the energy and strength to boost my workout up a few notches. I was able to double my work out time, and push myself farther than I thought possible. I have to admit, I'm sold. 

Now... I am in no way telling anyone that they should use supplements or am I endorsing this product in any way. I just wanted to let the readers (and I know I have at least 1 dedicated reader  ♥) what I was doing and I wanted to be honest about it.  I do feel that this was the boost I needed to get me to where I want to go. 

I will continue to update any and all changes to my work-out routine and if you have any questions about products, diet, or my work out plan, please let me know.  And I want to end this with a quick shout out to my friends and family who are supporting me on my journey to internal satisfaction. Love you guys!



Me and my Trainer/ Baby Brother/ Hero

No comments:

Post a Comment