Friday, March 9, 2012

It's on...

So obviously it has been a while since I have updated a post. But I promise you that it's because I have been super busy living a unbelievably fabulous life. My 28th year thus far has been full of surprises. I have had the opportunity to meet some wonderful people, work some awesome jobs, and to travel. But as my 28th your is winding down, I wanted to make sure that I enter my 29th year at the top of my game. 


Time to be honest here. Although I have been super busy, I have still been neglecting one major part of my life. Fitness. I know... this is turning into one of those lame workout blogs. I assure you that its not. I just decided to take a little time to focus on my health and I feel that writing everything down will help to keep me accountable. 


And since I have taken some time to STOP focusing on my love life, I instead want to focus on myself. And since this blog is about seeking internal satisfaction, then this too is fitting. 


So I recently spent some time in California with my family. It was great to be back and to visit with all of my loved ones, both related and not. While I was there, the topic of person weight came up a lot. A few members of my family have decided to under go weight loss surgery. Let me preface this by saying that I have absolutely no judgement for their decision. In fact, I support it very much because I know that there was a lot of research and pre work that went into these life changing decisions. However, I wont name names, out of respect for their privacy.


I only bring that up to say this, I don't want to go home a year from now and find out that they have worked their way into a fit life and I am still left saying how I wish I would have done something about my weight. It's selfish, I know. But I'm looking at it more from a place of inspiration. I am inspired  by my family to finally make a difference and get off this last 15 pounds. 


Again, I know. 15 pound is not that much. But for the last 10 years, it has been the difference from me putting myself out there and standing in the shadows. I'm really tired of it. So I'm doing something about it. My Birthday is on May 13th. It is now March 9th. My goal is to drop this weight and keep if off for good and to finally be in the best shape of my life. 


Also, to put a little more pressure on the situation, on May 2nd, I will be taking a once in a lifetime, 3 week trip to London. While there, I want to celebrate my new found confidence and take a million pictures. lol. I know it's silly, but I am really into getting my picture taken and I want to finally get those nude shots that I've always wanted. :)


So, just to let you in on what I've been doing... for the last week I have been eating absolutely NO carbs. I am pretty excited with my results. In one week, I went from 152.2 to 147.3. Happy to be back in the 140's, but I am not done. This week, to rev up my weight loss, I have added Hip Hop Abs into my workout. I have committed to doing the 1 month program. (Working out 6 days a week) and continuing my My Carb diet for the next 2 weeks while adding in supplements during the final 2 weeks. 


Today, day one of my workout, my inches are: 


(Height 5,5")
Bust = 35"
Waist = 28"
Belly Button = 34
Hips = 38.5
Right Thigh = 23.75
Left Thigh = 23.5
Right Arm= 11.75
Left Arm 11.25


This month, I will update my measurements every friday, update my weight every Wednesday (Already my set weigh in day), and try to add as many pictures of my progress, meals, and just because's :)


So, if you are at all interested in this, please stay tuned. 


Thanks for reading!
Love, 
Me


P.S. My before picture... No Judgements! lol





No comments:

Post a Comment