Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Only 1 pound? Seriously...

Today is Wednesday, and as promised, I am updating the results of my weekly weigh in.

My starting weight............  152. 2  
Last week I weighed in at... 147.3
This week I weighed in at... 146.2

That's a difference of 1.1 pounds. I did not hit my goal of losing 3 pounds this week. I have to admit, I was a little bummed when I saw the number on the scale. But I had to keep in mind the following;

     1. I just started a new work out program.
         I have felt my body getting stronger, and I know that muscle weighs
         more than fat.

     2. The is week 2 of my weight loss journey.
         The first week of my diet, my body went into schlock and was shedding
         a lot of excess water.

     3. I'm still headed in the right direction.
         It's natural to get discouraged when the number on the scale does not
         reflect the work you've done.

The key is, not to let it get you off track. I knew from the beginning that I was not going to lose this weight, in a safe way, and keep it off by only committing to 2 weeks worth of work. If anything, I have a better idea of what it will take to get the weight off.

So here is my plan for this week. I am sticking to my No/Low Carb diet for at least another week and I am upping the intensity of my workouts by adding 1 pound wrist weights. Also, my workout plan will be increasing my routines from 1 to 2 workouts on most days.

I have to say, I am looking forward to Friday, my measurements day.  I have a feeling that what I did not see on the scale will more than be made up for in inches. And because I had a low number on the scale this week, I am upping next weeks goal to 4 pounds. I know it seems drastic, but I think my body is up for it.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment